Play Online Roulette at These Online Casinos:
*Note: As of 2019 we regret to inform you that SlotoCash Casino and Miami Club Casino no longer accept Australian Players.
Roulette players now have other options than just a land based casino with the advent of online gambling sites offering online roulette. For individuals who are just beginning to enjoy the thrill of the game, there are many online casinos where you are able to play roulette for free. This is a great way to try out different online roulette games with no risk, practice various roulette strategies, and have lots of fun! We recommend that before playing for real money action, you play roulette for free online until you are confident about your betting strategies and the rules of the game.
Online real money casinos that have the Pragmatic Play gaming software platform offer unique gaming experience available from desktops and laptops to smartphones, tablets and VR gadgets with their LIVE dealers for such games as roulette and blackjack. Pragmatic Plays's multilingual user interface recreates the atmosphere of a land-based casino while delivering all the advantages of online play with their quick and easy bets, detailed game statistics, complete betting history, sound effects, and animation.
Online roulette offers players several ways to place bets. Unlike online video poker or blackjack, where skill and strategy can help increase a player's odds of coming out on top, the only way a player can gain an advantage playing roulette is by the roulette variation that ischoosen. Players have no influence as to where the ball will land after each spin. Success or failure depends entirely on luck. Having said that there are two types of wager / bet a player can make, although there are really no limitations to how many bets a player can place.
Online roulette players should be aware that there are different variation and rules of roulette. While land based casinos often stick to a single version, online casino players can expect to find a number if different variations of the game at most real money online betting websites.
Roulette bets are divided into two main types: inside or outside. While each offers different odds and payouts, both are subject to the same house edge. There are also a third type of bet called Call bets but these are only available on European and French roulette tables.Most likely that won't be available at all online casino sites that offer roulette.
In roulette an inside bet are located inside the table on one or more numbers inside the roulette grid. Numbers consist of even and odd numbers from 0 (plus an additional 00 slot in American roulette) to 36. Hitting a single number is obviously pretty hard with only a 2.63% – 2.70% chance to win. Inside bets may have higher payouts, but they are much less likely to give you a win on any given spin.
These are simple bets on what the number of the very next spin will be. They can either be placed on multiple single numbers at a time or combined with outside bets. Place the chip inside the square of the number. Probability of winning is very low, but if you win with a straight up bet, the payout is 35:1. You receive back 35 chips plus your original chip.
A double straight up bet where the chips are placed on the shared line of the two adjacent numbers. A win occurs if either numbe hits. The payout is 17:1, Probability of winning is between 5.26% - 5.40%.
Example: Red Splits Bet
Corner / Square / Quad
A bet that is similar to the split bet, but instead of two numbers, the player is betting that one of four numbers (must all touch) will come up. Probability of winning is between 10.53% – 10.81%. Payout: 8:1.
Example: Corner Bet
Street / Row
A bet on three consecutive numbers located on the same line. Make the bet by placing the chip on the outer corner (the far line) of the row. A Street bet wins 7.89% - 8.11%, paying out 11:1.
Line / Six Number / Double Street
Similar to a Street bet, but covers two consecutive rows of three consecutive numbers. Probability of winning is 15.78% - 16.22%. Pay out 5:1.
Example: Six Line Bet
A bet on two adjacent lines of numbers by placing the chip on the common outer corner of the two lines. The House Edge on this bet is 5.26% for American Roulette (2 zero pockets) (Probability of winningis 15.8%)and 2.63% in European Roulette (Probability of winning is 16.2%).
A three number bet that includes the zero or zeros. The chip is placed on the line shared by the zero box and the two other numbers. A Trio bet has a potential to win 7.89% – 8.11% of the time. Pay out: 11:1.
Basket / First Five
A wager on the group of numbers: 0, 00, 1, 2, 3. These are the only numbers that can be included in this bet. Since it relies on the 00 pocket, this bet can only be used with American Roulette games. Probability of winning is 13.16%. Pay out: 6:1. HOWEVER, the house edge of 7.89%. Such odds make it one of the worst roulette bets.
A wager on the group of numbers: 0, 1, 2 , 3. These are the only numbers that can be included in this bet. Pay out: 6:1.
Outside bets are a better choice for beginners. An outside bet is made by placing your wager on options outside of the numbered grid. Even-money bets including even/odd, black/red and high18/low18, only pay out 1/1 but provide a nearly 50-50 chance of winning.
Players can choose to wager on a grouping of numbers, such as the first 10, second 10, or third 10 or selecting 1-18 or 19-36. Some players will bet on an all red or all black number outcomes.
Making multiple outside bets gives you the advantage of being in a position to win back at least part of your total overall bet. For example, if you bet on all odd numbers and all black numbers, and the ball lands on black 10, you lose the odds portion of your bet, but win the black portion. However if the ball lands on black 13 you win both parts of the bet for a payoff on each bet.
Betting on either an even or odd number on the table. This is an even money bet 1:1. Because of the 0 and 00, players probability of winning is 47.37% - 48.65%.
Betting on either all red pockets or all black pockets on the table. This is an even money bet 1:1. Because of the 0 and 00, players probability of winning is 47.37% – 48.65%.
High 18/Low 18
Player is wagering on whether the ball will fall in a pocket within 1-18 (low) or within 19-36 (high). Both are even money bets 1:1
Dozens and Columns Bets
Similar to the Street Bet, the Columns bet covers twelve numbers in one of the columns that span the longest side of the roulette table instead of three in a row. Each column pays 2:1, or doubles your bet. Probability of winning is between 31.58% - 32.43%
- Column 1 – This covers the ball landing on the numbers 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, 25, 28, 31, 34
- Column 2 – This covers the ball landing on numbers 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26, 29, 32, 35
- Column 3 – This covers the ball landing on numbers 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27, 30, 33, 36
A bet on dozen numbers in sequential order. Each dozen pays 2:1. Players probability of winning is nearly 1 in 3.
- 1st 12 – This covers the ball landing on numbers 1-12.
- 2nd 12 – This covers the ball landing on numbers 13-24.
- 3rd 12 – This covers the ball landing on numbers 25-36.
Online Roulette Advantages
For more seasoned players, online roulette presents lots of opportunities for playing. Now with heightened security designed into the various gaming platforms, playing roulette online has some important advantages compared to playing roulette at a land-based casino.
The most obvious advantage is the ease to play online roulette. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet, and the interest to play. How more convenient can it be? You don’t need to travel farther than your computer. You don’t need to worry about a casino’s dress code. No need for decorum. You won't bother other players if you play music, yell, whoop it up for a winning hand, or collapse groaning in despair after a losing hand.
Online roulette allows you to take as much time as you want to place your bet/ bets. You can even pause to check in your handy roulette strategy book to decide how to place your next bet. Hungary or thirsty? If you want to eat while you play, it’s no problem. Play in your underwear? Hey, no problem. You will never have to worry about making some inadvertent embarrassing faux pas regarding casino etiquette or security restrictions. And if you get carried away about your online roulette game and you're tempted to yell at or argue with the dealer, you don’t need to worry about receiving a warning from the inspector dealer, security, or pit boss.
The use of electronic equipment at the roulette table, such as mobile phones and cameras, is prohibited at a land casino. However, at home if you want to chat on the phone while playing online roulette, be my guest. The additional costs of playing at land-based casinos in addition to room, board, airfare, car rental and gas, may include possible entrance fees and tips to the wheel spinners or/and stewards at the roulette table. You know the costs of food and drink you consume while engaged in online roulette at home will be far less.
With the convenience and lower costs it is no wonder playing at online casinos has become so popular for more than the past decade.
Types of Online Roulette Games
Online roulette gives you access to loads of online casino sites offering all kinds of roulette games. All the featured casinos on this page accept US players. Some of the online roulette games you may come across are; European Roulette, European Roulette Gold, American Roulette, French Roulette, Roulette Crystal, Electronis Online Roulette, and Roulette Royale. Each of these games has its own special roulette rules and betting, as well as other subtle differences.
Roulette Game Variations
There are various versions of the game of roulette. These are some of the most common you can play online.
- - American Roulette
- - European Roulette
- - French Roulette
- - Multi-Ball Roulette
- - Live Dealer Roulette
- - Mini Roulette
- - Royal Roulette
- - Progressive Jackpot Roulette
- - Electronic Online Roulette
- - Roulette Crystal
European Roulette (RTG software)
The European roulette has 37 pockets. It is considered the “original” roulette. RealTime Gaming’s European Roulette is popular because of its user-friendly interface, easy-to-navigate menus, solid and trouble-free gaming experience.
The table grid is laid out so that there are three columns, each column holding 12 numbers or if you prefer 12 rows, each row holding 3 numbers. The 0 is placed at the top of the rows/columns. One bet or many can be placed on just one number or many different combinations.
There are inside bets - bets placed in the numbered part of the grid and outside bets - bets placed in the outside framework of the grid. The object of the game is to place a bet on a number, combination of numbers, color or situation that you predict the ball will land on. The 2.70% house edge and 97.30% RTP make it pretty favorable to online roulette players.
American Roulette (RTG software)
Also known as Double Zero Roulette. It has two pockets and a 0 and a 00. The American roulette has 38 pockets. American Roulette differs from European Roulette by adding the number 00 the wheel and board. The object of Roulette is to predict where the ball will land by placing a bet on a number, color, or on a combination of numbers or events. Players can place bets until the dealer puts the ball into the roulette wheel. This variation of roulette gives the highest house edge of any other variation around 5.26% because of its additional 00 pocket.
Payouts for Inside Bets for both European Roulette & American Roulette
- 35:1 odds - Straight-Up Bet - Bet on a single number. Chip must be placed in the center of the number
- 17:1 odds - Split Bet - Bet on 2 adjacent numbers. Chip must be placed on the line separating the numbers
- 11:1 odds - Street Bet - Bet on any 3 numbers in a row. Chip must be placed on the outside line, start of the row
- 8:1 odds - Corner Bet - Bet on a block of 4 numbers. Chip must be placed on crossing lines centering your numbers.
- 8:1 odds - Four Bet - Bet on numbers 0, 1, 2, and 3. Chip must be placed on crossing line between 0 and first row intersect
- 5:1 odds - Line Bet - Bet on 6 numbers of 2 adjacent rows. Chip is placed on line above dozen bets between the 2 rows
Payouts for Outside Bets
- 2:1 odds - Column Bet - Bet on 1 of the 3 vertical columns. Chip is placed at the bottom of the column
- 12 - 2:1 odds - Dozen Bet - Bet on 12 numbers in the high, middle or low grouping. Chip is placed on 1 of the following defined areas on the board: First 12, Second 12, Third
- 1-18 or 19-36 – 1 - Even Money Bet - Bet on 18 numbers. Chip is placed on 1 of the following squares: Even, Odd, Red, Black
Odds are much better on the outside bets because there is only one zero. Odds a reduced to between 1.35% - 2.7% in French roulette for bets such as red/black, even/odd, and high/low. These odds represents one of the thinnest house edges in any casino game, be it online or land-based. FYI: French Roulette table’s layout s in French. RTG’s version of French Roulette has features that allow players to customize their play. There is an auto play feature that lets players bet specific bets for a certain number of spins in a row. Players can also save betting patterns that they find lucky, or just use a lot. Players can import the saved bets into the auto play feature. Once the bet pattern is saved, players can access in the favorites tab and just click on the saved bet they want.
Rules to Note
En Prison rule: any losing even-money bet remains on the table and is imprisoned until the next spin. If it is a winner on that spin, the stake is returned to the player.
Le Partage rule: any losing even-money bet is split 50:50 between the player and the house, so you only lose half of your stake.
- - Column bet: choosing one of the three columns of numbers – pays 2:1
- - Douzaine = Dozen bet: choosing the Premier (first), Moyenne (second) or Derniere (third) set of 12 – shown as 12P, 12M or 12D – pays 2:1
- - Rouge/Noir = Red/Black bet: choosing any red or black number – pays 1:1
- - Pair/Impair = Odd/even bet: choosing an odd or even number – pays 1:1
- - Manque/Passe = Low/high bet: choosing 1-18 or 19-36 – pays 1:1
Announced Bets in the game of French Roulette
- - Voisins du Zero (neighbours of zero): all numbers on the wheel between 22 and 25. This bet involves nine chips spread between splits, corners and threesomes of these numbers.
- - Le Tiers du Cylinder (thirds of the wheel): all numbers opposite zero, from 27 to 33. This bet involves six chips placed as splits between these numbers
- - Jue Zero (zero game): the six numbers either side of zero and the zero itself. This bet is played as three splits and a straight bet on 26
- - Orphelins (orphans): the eight numbers not included in the above bets. This can be played as orphelins en cheval, costing five chips as four splits and a straight bet on 1, or as orphelins en plein, costing eight chips as straight bets on each number
- - Finales: bets on all the numbers ending in a certain number (eg 6,16,26 and 36). Can be placed as either finales en plein (single number) or finales a cheval (either of two numbers). The stake varies according to the number of possibilities.
Electronic Online Roulette Pragmatic Play (Top Game software)
Electronic Roulette is an online European style roulette game with one Zero. Electronic Roulette offers several ways to customize your betting experience, using the Pragmatic Play software. Players can place their bet virtually anywhere on the table. Chip sizes range from 1 to 100, with a max bet of 100. Players can place multiple chips on the board, and stack multiple chips on top of each other with additional clicks of the mouse.
Roulette Crystal by Pragmatic Play
Roulette Crystal is another online European style roulette game with its wheel divided into 37 numbered slots. The roulette table is laid out so that you can place a bet on any single number, groups of numbers, even, odd, black or red.
Multi-ball roulette isn’t very well-known yet. It is another online European style roulette game. On the special roulette wheel players will see not one, but two or three, or more balls spinning at the same time. Players can bet on several numbers and hedge their bets. To play, place bets in the same way you would on a standard table. Then hit the SPIN button. When the wheel stops turning there will be more outcomes and better chances for you to win. The house edge is the same as European style, but since there are more balls spinning on the wheels players can spread their bets and improve their odds of winning. On the other hand while a player could win up to three times from each wheel spin, they could also lose three times as quickly when compared to a single ball Roulette game, if their number doesn’t spin in!
Featured Casinos Where You Can Play Online Roulette
Sun Palace Casino is compatible for PC or Mac players. There are more than 80 games which include online Roulette, European Roulette, table games such as Blackjack Perfect Pairs, Blackjack, Baccarat, Caribbean Hold Em, Caribbean Draw Poker, Caribbean Stud Poker, European Blackjack, Face Up 21, Let' Em Ride, Pai Gow Poker, Match Play 21, Pontoon,Red Dog, Super 21,Texas Hold'em Bonus Poker, Tri Car Poker, Vegas Three, Card Rummy, War, video poker, slots, video poker, progressive games and specialty games. Sun Sun Palace Casino accepts all US players
Las Vegas USA Casino uses Real Time Gaming (RGT) software to power its games. In addition to a great variety of Real Series Video Slots, they offer a lot of the classics you would expect to see at any land based casino including: online European Roulette, Blackjack, 3 Card Poker, Baccarat, Caribbean Stud Poker, Pai Gow Poker, Craps, Video Poker, and many others. Specialty games and video slots are also available. Las Vegas USA Casino accepts all US players.
Uptown Aces Casino offers such Specialty Games including online roulette games such as American Roulette, Craps, Sic Bo, Keno & Bingo, and Scratch Cards. There are various bonuses and promotions available to players who register at this RTG powered online casino. Other games that are available include loads of Slots, Progressive Table Games, Table Games, and Video poker. Uptown Aces Casino accepts US casino players.
Miami Club Casino uses Wager Gaming Software (WGS) software as its foundation. In addition to their numerous Video and 3 Reel Slot games. Miami Club Casino Casino also offers Specialty Games including online roulette games such as American Roulette, European Roulette, Craps, Sic Bo, Keno & Bingo, and Scratch Cards. Progressive Games, Video Poker, Caribbean Stud Poker, Caribbean Draw Poker, Caribbean Hold'Em Poker, Blackjack, Classic Blackjack, Downtown Vegas Blackjack, Perfect Pair Blackjack, Progressive Blackjack, Progressive Caribbean Stud, Red Dog, Tri-Card Poker, Vegas Single Deck Blackjack, Vegas Strip Blackjack, among others and Video Poker. Miami Club Casino Casino also has No-Download Games. Miami Club Casino Casino accepts US casino players.
Sloto' Cash Casino is a popular online gaming site which works off Real Time Gaming’s excellent software platform. In addition to their numerous Slot games. Sloto Cash Casino also offers Specialty Games including online roulette games such as American Roulette, European Roulette, French Roulette, and Roulette MultiPlayer, Craps, Sic Bo, Keno & Bingo, and Scratch Cards. Progressive Table Games, Table Games such as Caribbean Stud Poker, Caribbean Draw Poker, Caribbean Hold'Em Poker, and Blackjack, Blackjack + Perfect Pairs, European Blackjack,among others and Video Poker. Sloto Cash Casino also has No-Download Games. Sloto Cash Casino accepts US casino players.
Red Stag Casino uses Wager Gaming Software (WGS) software as its foundation. In addition to their numerous Video and 3 Reel Slot games. Red Stag Casino Casino also offers Specialty Games including online roulette games such as American Roulette, European Roulette, Craps, Sic Bo, Keno & Bingo, and Scratch Cards. Progressive Games, Video Poker, Caribbean Stud Poker, Caribbean Draw Poker, Caribbean Hold'Em Poker, Blackjack, Classic Blackjack, Downtown Vegas Blackjack, Perfect Pair Blackjack, Progressive Blackjack, Progressive Caribbean Stud, Red Dog, Tri-Card Poker, Vegas Single Deck Blackjack, Vegas Strip Blackjack, among others and Video Poker. Red Stag Casino Casino also has No-Download Games. Red Stag Casino Casino accepts mostUS casino players.
General Roulette Glossary Terms
- - Bet on the Layout: A wager which is placed anywhere on the numbers part of the table.
- - Biased Numbers: A roulette term that refers to the numbers on the wheel which have statistically been proven to hit more often than others based on long-term analysis!
- - Black Bet – When a player bets on the color whose next number is black.
- - Column Bet: When a bet is placed on one of the three available columns (each one consisting of 12 numbers). It pays 2:1.
- - Combination Bet: Any bet that has one or more chips on two or more numbers.
- - Corner Bet: A single bet that one of the four numbers on the layout will win.
- - Croupier – A more formal term for the casino employee who takes care of the roulette table. A croupier is sometimes referred to as the dealer.
- - Double Zero – Only present in American Roulette.
- - Dozen Bet: This bet can be placed on one of three available groups of 12 numbers; 1-12, 13-24, or 25-36. The dozen bet pays 2:1.
- - Even Money: Any bet which pays 1 to 1.
- - High Bet: A bet predicting that the next spin will hit between the numbers of 19 and 36.
- - Inside Bet: A bet made on the numbered,inside area of the roulette table. These bets cover only individual numbers and small groups of numbers. They pay out at relatively high odds .
- - Line Bet: Refers to a wager a player makes that one of the six numbers of the two rows of three numbers will win.
- - Low Bet: When a player wagers that a number between 1 and 18 will hit.
- - Outside Bets: A player places a wager on the outside of the felt layout of the roulette table. These bets generally cover large sections of the roulette wheel and pay out at much lower odds.
- - Parlay: When a player doubles a bet after a win.
- Payout – The winnings that the casino pays to a winning player.
- - Red Bet: An outside bet that pays 2-1 where the player wagers that the next spin will hit red.
- - Split: A bet which covers two adjacent numbers on the roulette table and is made when a player puts his chips on the intersection of two numbers. Traditionally, this type of bet pays out at odds of 17-1.
- - Straight Up Bet: This term refers to a bet which is made on a single number and which a player makes by placing chips on that specific number on the table layout. This bet traditionally pays out at odds of 35-1.
- - Street Bet sometimes called a Trio Bet: This refers to a bet made on a row of three numbers on the roulette table layout which is made by placing chips on the edge of that row. Traditionally, this bet has 11-1 odds.
- - Single Zero Roulette – Another term for European Roulette.
- - Straight Bet – When a player bets on a single number.
- - House Edge – The advantage that the house has so as to make profit on the game
- - Wheel Head – Refers to a part of the roulette wheel that has numbered pockets.
- - Backtrack: Refers to outer rim of the wheel where the ball is spun.
- - Check Rack: Refers to the tray where the casino chips are kept.
- - Marker: The apparatus used by the croupier to clearly mark the winning number after each spin. Players are not allowed to place new bets for the upcoming spin until the croupier has removed the marker from the table.
- - Pockets: The spaces on the roulette wheel in which the roulette ball might land. Each pocket has a unique number, ranging from 1-36. There is also a 0 pocket and a 00 pocket on an American roulette wheel. Half of the numbered pockets are red, half are black, and the zeros are green.
Closing Thoughts Regarding Online Roulette
Roulette is a quintessential game associated with casinos and gambling. Playing Roulette at a land-based casino evokes images of elegance and high society that glow with expectations of thrills and excitement. Think of the 2003 Masterpiece Theater presentation, Daniel Deronda. Daniel first sees and later meets Gwendolyn, a beautiful woman in desperate need of money at a roulette table in an exclusive casino in Morocco where their romance blossoms.
Interacting and socializing with other players and the croupier, placing your chips while making a bet, watching the wheel spin and the ball land in one of the pockets in an atmosphere of sumptuousness is a riveting gambling experience. Anyone with an unlimited bankroll can certainly live the life of “a high roller” and enjoy its costly services if that is their desire. However, for the rest of us, if one desires to enjoy the gambling opportunities on a luxury cruise ship plying the waters of the Caribbean, the Mediterranean, or the Indian Ocean, or visit any of the popular gambling destinations like Las Vegas, Monte Carlo, the countries of Australia, Macau, or France, playing roulette will become quite costly.
In addition, it may be rather intimidating if you are a novice player, playing roulette at a land casino with betting minimums that are often quite high, it’s own rules of etiquette, the fast paced speed of the game, and the presence of other more experienced players. What to do? Play online roulette in the comfort of your own home.
There are those people who believe playing online Roulette increases your odds of winning since they feel that the odds of winning at all online casino games tend to be slightly higher than winning in some of the most popular land based casinos. They mention that lower overheard costs of an Internet casino site make the difference. Quite frankly, who can really say if that is true?
However, due to the intense competition among online casinos for customers, Internet casino sites often award lucrative bonuses and other perks to draw in new and old players alike to keep them happy and interested.
The phenomenon of Internet gaming continues to grow because of the ease of playing not only online roulette but also numerous other casino games via computers and mobile devices. As you visit our various featured casino websites, you will find not only real money online roulette games, but also free-play versions.
Choose licensed, reputable online casinos when playing roulette online. The casino sites will explain how to bankroll your online casino games. They may offer standard credit card transactions, or money transactions through third party banking operations.
Enjoying the challenge of Roulette can be a fun and exciting experience no matter where or when you play, whether it be in a land based casino or online. There is no "money making style" that will ever beat roulette, although people have been developing all sorts of strategies.
Some would say that online roulette could be played with various ways with various intents. There will be those people who just throw the chips on the table or those who study for years trying to find the best system No matter what attitude you adopt, hopefully you will pick the perfect numbers and come out a big winner.